
I was asked to go sailing for a date....so I went. We picked up the little small sailboat and headed out to Willard Bay. The winds were strong and we headed out w/ out any problem. I was really surprised by how fast we could get moving. After about an hour we we decided to turn around. The winds started picking up even more, and then our rudder broke. You can't steer without a rudder. So i took hold of controlling the sail, and Mr. Date Man used a paddle as a rudder. Then that broke. We were SOOOooo far away from shore. Our only other option was to paddle in. we had 2 wimpy plastic paddles, one half broken. So we took down the sail and paddled, and paddled, and paddled, AND paddled......FOREVER. I would look up, and I swear we weren't moving any closer to shore. If we stopped for a second we would drift further out. The water was so chopy and I was sitting in a puddle. I started getting really motion sick. It was gettting even more stormy and the thought did cross my mind that we may never get back. The lake was void of people because the bad weather. My muscles were cramping, and I was trying not to vomit. I wanted to cry but figured praying would be a better option, so I started praying, and I prayed really hard. Then after about 15 more min or so we saw a fisherman in the distance, we finally got his attention and he came over in his motorized boat and allowed us to hold on to the side and took us to shore. Now the problem was we were a mile south of the dock. Mr. Date wanted me to run back to get the truck because he didn't have shoes on....I said i felt sick and would rather not...also I hate driving stickshift (last time I drove one it started on fire.) I held on to the boat and kept it from blowing away, and Mr. Date ran back w/ my shoes on to get the truck. He arrived with 2 policemen in their police trucks w/ lights on and the park ranger. They helped me up and canceled the ambulance that was on it's way. I have no idea why Mr. Date felt it was necessary to request for the paramedics, but he did. Anyway while i was sitting in the police truck out of the wind I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. It was an epic date.
Epic date I would say! When you get in this weekend, I'll take you on an epically AWESOME date!
ReplyDeleteI hope you aren't trying to out do me for the worst dates ever! It's not a record you want to claim. I had a lot of horror stories, but this one is right up there! Way to stay positive!
ReplyDelete